Topic highlight – May be creating a new blog in 2019 is your new year’s resolution. But that’s not enough, you also need traffic and for that you have to practice best strategies to boost search engine rankings.
What is SEO?
SEO is an abbreviation that stands for search engine optimisation. It is a free digital marketing technique that aims to attract traffic while helping websites ( whether personal or commercial ) gain presence in search results ( SERPs).
Some digital marketers define SEO as a method of implementing techniques that make blog search engine friendly while some define it as a way that compels search engines to fall in love with a blog.
2. Types of SEO
There are two types of SEO – on page and off page. On page SEO involves executing techniques on your own web pages while as off page SEO means optimising your blog via backlinks ( votes from other websites), social media etc.
3. Fundamental SEO Tips
Here are top 11 essential and fundamental search engine optimisation tips that if implemented properly will help the blogs of beginners gain higher visibility in search engines in 2019.
1. Find a niche
Blogging undoubtedly is exciting but isn’t easy either, especially for newbies like you because of high competition. It is already dominated by giant bloggers which make it hard for you reach anywhere in search engines. That is why you should wisely find and build your blog around a niche that these giants either fail or are week at addressing.
2. Do keyword research
Once you have decided on a niche whether it is entrepreneurship, healthcare, travel, cooking etc, check for keyword possibilities. Prepare a list of keywords and know the volume and competition of these keywords while using tools like Google Keyword Planner, Semrush etc
3. Use long tail keywords
Find and target long tail keywords ( containing a string of words). It is because long tail keywords are very specific in nature and for such reason usually tend to face little competition on web, thereby making your search engine entry pretty easy.
4. Articulate high quality content
Once you decide which long tail keywords to target, articulate unique and high quality content for users who search them. Don’t write a messy content piece because it doesn’t deliver value instead frustrates users and we know Google loves those who love writing valuable content.
5. Keyword in title
While you start writing about a topic, make sure you include the target keyword in your title in a brief yet attractive manner.
6. Use your keyword in the first and last paragraphs in the article you plan to write.
7. Constantly monitor and remove out broken links while moving on with your blogging journey.
8. Generate a sitemap for better user and search engine bot navigation.
9. Identify authority blogs in your niche and start building back-links while approaching them with guest blogs. Include back-links in a natural way in your guest post so that it doesn’t raise spam signals in the eyes of Google.
10. Maintain a balance in your keyword density. Utilise your target keyword up to 5% in your blog articles.
11. Harness relevant forums and blogs that allow commenting. Keep providing valuable information until you are trusted by forum moderators who later won’t act negatively when you put links as references.
Hope these tips help your new blog get found in top 10 SERP’s in 2019.