Without getting word out, your startup is unlikely to grow because no one of your real target customers knows about it. From the day one, you will have to let your potential buyers know that you offer something that satisfies their needs and wants while using a pool of marketing ideas.
Well, depending upon the budget that you have available for spending and your target demographic, you may use these 21 marketing ideas to convey your products or services.
Advertising is a paid way of delivering promotional messages through various media outlets including print, broadcast, electronic etc. You may utilise the following media options to advertise your small business.
- Newspaper: Find and then advertise through those newspapers that your target audience reads daily.
- Magazine: Many of your prospective buyers might be reading magazines. So, don’t overlook the use of those magazines.
- Radio: Particularly old age people still listen to the radio programs.
- Television: Television channels that have strong viewership and influence on your target buyers.
- Cable: Build brand awareness through local cable network advertising.
- Billboards: Display a billboard at high traffic locations.
- Sings: Draw attention while using creative signs
- Posters: Paste posters on walls.
Sales promotion is designed to help a business drive more sales. You can encourage the purchase of more products or services while using following means of sales promotion.
- Samples: Handover free product/service samples to your customers.
- Coupons: Attract new customers and reactivate old buyers while using coupon advertising.
- Trade shows: Entice your target customers while promoting through trade shows taking place in your area.
Direct marketing is that promotional activity that involves direct promotion, without the use of third party advertisers. Below are some direct marketing ideas for you.
- Mail: Send best deals and discount offer to your important customers into their mailbox.
- Telephone: Communicate while talking to your customers over telephone.
- Fax: Deliver your messages through fax.
- Internet: Internet is the popular means of advertising today.
Social media marketing
Social media advertising involves communicating your audience through social media platforms such as:
- Facebook: Spend some amount on Facebook ads to reach your customers having social connections on Facebook.
- Facebook page: Create a Facebook page and then send invitations for being part of your page. Upload pics, videos and posts to keep them updated.
- LinkedIn: Get on the LinkedIn, world’s largest professional network.
- Create a LinkedIn page
- Twitter page: Create and build a follower base on Twitter and regularly tweet your products.
- YouTube: Create a YouTube Channel, upload videos and increase your subscribers.
- Buy ad spaces on websites that are frequently visited by your prospective customers.