Communication has always been crucial for every individual ever since the erstwhile days. From newspaper, letter, radio and television to mobiles, the internet and social media– the endeavour has always been to communicate and keep people connected. Businesses take up this natural human trait to get their message out and enhance their sales.
One of the unique ways to go about it is through t-shirts. Research has revealed that no other apparel can make political and cultural statements like that of t-shirts. There are various perks that t-shirts can bring to your brand. It happens to be a useful marketing tool and can augment your message. Here are some of the major benefits that t-shirts can offer.
- T-shirts are cost-effective when ordered in bulk
- They are easy-to-customise
- They are versatile
- T-shirts are very simple to use as you can promote just by wearing it
- One of the best marketing tools
- They are very quick to produce
- They also have the potential to appeal to a larger market
- They offer an easy way to measure ROI
- They have the potential for appealing to a wider target audience
- T-shirts are one of the greatest marketing tools
Now that you know the benefits of the t-shirts, here are some amazing ways that t-shirts have been used as marketing tools by businesses. Small businesses can take inspiration from these ideas to create their own styles for promoting their brand in a cost-effective way. Just have a look at them to know.
- Wearable Movie T-shirt – Coca Cola had once designed a campaign that comprised of more than 500 t-shirts that were distributed to some of the company’s greatest fans and most loyal employees all around the world. Once they received the t-shirt, each of them was given instructions to take a click of themselves by putting the t-shirt on using a special software that company had propagated. As a result of that, each print became frame that when put together with the rest of the images will create an animation movie of 65-70 seconds. Taking example from this, it can be said that creative campaigns are much more effective. Though with Coca Cola’s huge budget anything is possible, but to promote in this way, you just need to have a creative mind and imagination does not cost you.
- World Cup T-shirts – World Cup 2010 saw a revolutionary t-shirt design that actually would be remembered for years to come. Designers Daan van Dam and Bas Van De Poel developed a t-shirt that year which is so simple yet so mind-blowing that everyone thought why they did not think of it earlier. It just had famous footballers or strikers painted on the reverse side of t-shirts that when pulled overhead displayed the face of your favourite striker. This actually shows that for an impactful outcome you do not need a complex idea or a huge investment.
- Gym T-shirts – As part of the marketing campaigning for a personal trainer, a t-shirt was designed by GLP Advertising and Design. It was called the sweat measuring t-shirt. The idea was unique and simple. The t-shirt was designed in such a manner that it displayed the amount of time that a particular person had been working out and by the amount of sweat marks on their t-shirt. Though no one can say how accurate the time-keeping is but the idea is quite out-of-the-box and became well-received by most.
- Musical Band T-shirts – This one is a t-shirt that was created solely for promoting a band. But the design was so good that it outlived its source to a great extent. The logo was designed by the art-coordinator of the band named Arturo Vega. The presidential seal of America was reimagined by him in the form of a punk logo. This was designed in order to portray the band as the greatest American band of all time. But this t-shirt design became so famous that it outlasted its resource material for so many years.
- I Love New York T-shirts – This goes without saying that “I Love New York” is one of those t-shirts that is most loved all around the world. But only a handful know that this Tee was designed as part of Big Apple’s fashion campaign in the year in 1977. The New York State Department of Commerce contacted the advertising agency Wells Rich Green for designing the campaign. Designer Milton Glaser was appointed for creating the logo. The designer thought that the campaign would just last for a couple of months and he went for a pro bono project. However, today one can say that it was not the best idea. Needless to say, that the American typewriter font and heart-shaped design have been featured in more movies that one could think.
The above are some of the most fantastic t-shirt design ideas that took the world by storm. The small business entrepreneurs can get some ideas from these about how to uniquely design their t-shirts which are one of the simplest and most affordable marketing tools ever.