How to Open a Used Tire Shop
While there is no denying the fact that most drivers buy new tires with a view to enjoy benefits like longevity, better road grip, better performance, many, with an intention to save money, however, prefer buying used tires. Keeping this demographic of drivers in mind, you might like the idea of starting a used tire shop business in your locality.
Hey, on the condition you have skills, you can also provide tire repair services in addition to selling used tires so that more profits rush into your pocket.
Pros of starting a used tire shop
Used tires business is comparatively easy to start as no educational degree is required by you and there is neither the involvement of high startup costs. Overhead expenses are low and return on investment is reasonable. Even a single individual can run this business successfully.
Given the good market demand for used tires, starting a used tire store business whether in India or anywhere else is one of the viable automotive related business opportunities.
What do you need to start a used tire shop?
What does one need to get started with a used tire shop has been listed by us as follows:
- Good inspection skills to check that tires you are going to buy from sellers are of good quality.
- Analyze the local competition from all angles so that you find and benefit from their weakness and keep yourself updated about their moves.
- A business plan so that you head towards the right direction and keep yourself prepared for future tasks.
- Obtain a license from local government authority if necessary at your place.
- Rent a store with sufficient space for parking vehicles
- Compile required startup costs that go for shop rent, the supply of used tires and tools and equipment for mounting, de-mounting, removing and installing tires.
- Deliver good customer service so that a good word of mouth passes on in the market. Inform your friends and relatives as well. Not necessary to advertise through a newspaper or local cable channel as advised by other online resources.