Inflation affects everything and tires are no acception. That is why many automobile owners give preference to using used tires. Their intent behind doing so is not more than saving money. Although they know they are less likely to enjoy benefits provided by new tires including longevity, better road grip, and better performance. These people are a reason for the existence of a business that deals in selling different used tires for different automobiles. You may also provide tire repair services while selling used tires so that more profits rush into your pocket.
Pros and cons
Opening a used tire shop is comparatively an easy business in the automotive industry. It is so because educational degreee isn’t required. There is neither the involvment of high startup costs. Furthermore, you business is also subjected to low overheads. However, getting back your returns on your investment takes some time, usually a year or more. Customer inflow to your business isn’t also as good as you think.
Things you require
Here have we made a list of all necessary things you require for starting a used tire shop. While the list is long, there many be other things probably we have missed to touch.
- Good inspection skills to check that tires you are going to buy from sellers are of good quality.
- Analyze the local competition from all angles so that you find and benefit from their weakness and keep yourself updated about their moves.
- A business plan so that you head towards the right direction and keep yourself prepared for future tasks.
- Obtain a license from local government authority if necessary at your place.
- Rent a store with sufficient space for parking vehicles
- Compile required startup costs that go for shop rent, the supply of used tires and tools and equipment for mounting, de-mounting, removing and installing tires.
- Deliver good customer service so that a good word of mouth passes on in the market. Inform your friends and relatives as well. Not necessary to advertise through a newspaper or local cable channel as advised by other online resources.